Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions you would like to see on here please contact the webmaster.


CRABS headed out


Zoomers Remote Control Club




themed object

Where Summer Comes to Spend the Winter



get in touch

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Is it safe Is_it_safe_to_go_to_Mexico_to go to Mexico?
  2. What do I need to go to Mexico?
  3. What can I bring back from Mexico?
  4. Who is ... ?
  5. What is ... ?
  6. When is ... ?

Is it safe to go to Mexico?

  • Many of our residents travel to Mexico.  There are still some safe places to visit.  Mostly Nuevo Progresso.  This used to be called Las Flores but with the influx years ago of so manyu Winter Texans it is now known as Progresso.  There is shopping for all types of souvenirs including boots, furniture, leather and pottery goods, clothes, alcohol (duty free), cigarettes, cigars and plenty more.  Licensed dentists, physicians and specialists keep their offices close to the border and offer their patients great medical care.  Drug stores also offer pharmaceuticals at great prices. Stroll through the market while you sip an icy margarita, Corona or other beverage for prices you won't believe or dine at the many restaurants that serve steak, seafood and authentic Mexican cuisine.  You will find the people of Progresso very willing to help you out in any way they can!
Back to Top

What do I need to go to Mexico?

  • Effective in January of 2008, US and Canadian citizens must present documents from one of the following: 
    • U.S. or Canadian Passport
    • U.S. Passport Card
    • Trusted Traveler Card (Nexus, Sentri or Fast
    • State or Provencial issued Enhanced Driver's License (when available - this secure driver's license will denote identity and citizenship).
    • Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
    • U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
    • U.S. Merchant Mariner Document.
    • Native American tribal photo ID card.
    • Form I-872 American Indian Card
    • Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card
  • U.S. and Canadian Citizens Ages 19 and Older - Two Document Option:
    • All U.S. and Canadian citizens who do not have one of the documents from the above list must present BOTH an identification AND a citizen document from each of the lists below.  The identification documents must have photo, name and date of birth.
      • Driver's license of identification card issued by a federal, state, provincial, county, territory or municipal authority.
      • U.S. or Canadian military id card.
    • Citizenship Documents:
      • U.S. or Canadian birth certificate issued by a federal, state, provincial, county, territory or municipal authority.
      • U.S. Consular report of birth abroad.
      • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
      • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
      • U.S. Citizen ID Card
      • Canadian Citizenship Card
      • Canadian certificate of citizenship without photo.
Back to Top

What can I bring back from Mexico.

  • Each U.S. citizen may bring back Mexican purchases valued up to $400 retail, duty free every 30 days.  Federal duty fees will be assessed on the value of articles above the $400 exemption.  NOTE:  many items of Mexican manufacture, such as handicrafts and jewelry may qualify for exemption above the
Back to Top

Who is ... ?

  • This is the answer to the question.
Back to Top

What is ... ?

  • This is the answer to the question.
Back to Top

When is ... ?

  • This is the answer to the question.
Back to Top


The Iron Bee

The Iron Bee -   SAVE THE BEES!

Custom Golf Carts

Custom Golf Carts - Contact Bill Connolly



slide up button